Greenville Health System offers a variety resources to initiate the research process. Below are links and information to assist you in preparing budgets, acquiring funding and ensuring compliance.
- Open Access Publishing
- Writing Your Specific Aims
- Health Sciences Library Electronic Resources
- PCORI: What are the funding opportunities you’re missing?
- Research Tools You Can Use: GHS REDCap Survey Tool Overview
- GHS Research Grand Rounds: Opportunities in Rehabilitation Research
- The Ethical Considerations Surrounding Ebola
- PCORI: An Overview and Opportunities
- Scholarship Made Easier: Best Practices for Writing and Publication
- Effective Poster Presentations
- Project Proposal Template - Research proposal template used by OB/GYN residents. Template provided by Lee Higdon III, PhD, manager, Clinical Research, OB/GYN.
- Resident Manuscript Template – Corresponds to the preferred format of the Obstetrics and Gynecology journal. In addition to the manuscript format there are tips to help guide the user through the manuscript writing process. Template provided by Lee Higdon III, PhD, manager, Clinical Research, and used by the OB/GYN residents.
- Resident Presentation Format – PowerPoint template used by OB/GYN residents that includes helpful thoughts and examples to guide the user through the presentation planning process. Template provided by Lee Higdon III, PhD, manager, Clinical Research, OB/GYN.
- GHS Presentation Template – Official approved PowerPoint template for use at conferences outside the hospital system.
- GHS Poster Sample- Template and guide for 36″ x 56″ posters.
- GHS Poster Sample- Template and guide for 36″ x 48″ posters.
- GHS Poster Template- Template for 18″x24″ posters.
- Interpreting Confidence Intervals – An explanation by Dawn Blackhurst, DrPH, manager, clinical data analysis, GHS Quality Management Department.
- “I Need a Research Study” – A presentation by Stephanie Tanner, MS, clinical trial research coordinator, orthopaedic surgery education at GHS.
- Case-Control Study Design – Check out this presentation if you are considering embarking on a case-control study. It contains an overview of the case-control study, and issues to consider regarding matching and bias. Provided by Anna Cass, MPH.
- Inside the NIH Grant Review Process – This video follows a mock study session that shows the peer review process for grant applications. Before submitting an application, new researchers should watch this video for insight on how NIH grant applications are reviewed for scientific and technical merit. For additional information on this video and the peer review process, go to http://www.csr.nih.gov/video/video.asp.
- Please review this literature search form before requesting a search from the GHS Library. The form does not need to be filled out in order for a request to be made, but it contains the information that the librarians will ask you about and what they need to know to proceed with a search with the appropriate parameters.