All candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited degree program
- Licensed or eligible to apply for a license to practice pharmacy in the state of South Carolina
- Participation in the ASHP Residency Matching Program (“The Match”)
- Copy of transcripts: Undergraduate or non-pharmacy transcripts are not required. Only pharmacy school-related coursework must be submitted.
- Three professional references using the Standardized Reference Template in the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS)
- Copy of curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent describing reasons for seeking residency
- Completed application submitted in PhORCAS prior to January 4, 2016
The following are considered during the selection process:
- Professional competence. Based on the candidate’s performance in clinical clerkships or other practical experience.
- Scholastic achievement. Based on the candidate’s college record.
- Communication skills. Based on the candidate’s personal interview, clerkship and academic performance. An on-site interview is required.
- Leadership potential. Based on the nature and extent of the candidate’s participation in professional societies, community or public services and social activities.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Comprehension of the current standards of pharmacy practice.
- Understanding of the challenge of professional pharmacy practice.