The Greenville Health System is a 1100-bed non-profit, medical research & teaching complex located at the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. We have seven medical campuses.
Pharmacy Scope of Services
The Department of Pharmacy strives to offer high quality patient care and education to patients and healthcare providers. The pharmacy follows a decentralized model, supports clinical patient care rounding services, and participates in organizational and departmental support programs.
Distributive Inpatient Services
- Unit-based drug distribution system (Omnicell Medication Dispensing System)
- Implementation of cartfill robotics (MedCache) and unit dose packaging (Automed EXP and Workpath)
- Computerized pharmacy operation and patient information system (Siemens Rx)
- Medication orders are received and processed via Holon imaging and Soarian CPOE.
- New sterile products compounding lab (USP Chapter 797 compliant)
- Decentralized pharmacy service with six satellite pharmacies
- Specialized pediatric pharmacy within The Children’s Hospital
- Services provided 24 hour/day, 365 days/year
- Omnicell Medication Dispensing System
- Holon Image Scan
- BAXA EM 2400 automated TPN compounder with ABACUS software
- Siemens Rx Pharmacy IS
- Siemens Medication Administration Check (bedside barcode scan)
- Soarian CPOE
- Automed EXP unit dose packaging and Workpath system
- Clinical rounding with Medical Teaching Services including – internal medicine, medical critical care, surgical critical care, infectious diseases, neonatal intensive care, pediatric intensive care, pediatric hematology/oncology, psychiatry, and primary care
- Drug Information Center
Critical Care – This residency program is designed to optimize clinical patient care and education skills. Experience will be gained through literature evaluation and application, direct patient care, educational programs, and precepting.
Pharmacy Practice – This residency program serves to advance the resident’s understanding of pharmacy operations, clinical patient care skills, knowledge, and application of the literature. Residents also gain experience in educating others through lectures, presentations, and precepting.
- Access to on-site and online medical library
- Online references including Micromedex and Lexicomp
- CE travel and board certification reimbursement